1/31/11

Cannibals for Jesus


Aww, Jesus, there's more cannibal stuff


6:41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”

A Brazilian whack

6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

You can't beat the meat of a Japanese girl


52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
So the Jews killed him and ate him.
Jesus McNuggets

LOL!, Just kidding, there's more. Verse 60 starts talking about how the disciples were all WTF?!?! and then it says

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Damn straight they did. Who wouldn't? What kind of lunatic would hang around when a guy starts spouting crazy ass shit like that? Oh right, Peter, that's who. That kind of lunatic. This kind.

Verse 666 sounds familiar from reading stories about cults (and bad S&M fantasy. not that I ever did that), and how the leaders keep the followers in line. They issue an ultimatum, make the follower have to choose to stay. “If you don't want to serve me, then leave.” Notice the first thing out of old Pete's mouth? “Lord, to whom shall we go?” A more detailed translation would be “Where the fuck can I go, now that I've given up my job and been wandering all over the country with you, and I don't have any money and oh shit I better suck up” at which point he changes his tune to “My Lord ... kissy sounds” and abuse survivors throughout the land nod their heads in recognition of its accuracy.

Real uplifting book they've got here.

No comments: