1/17/11

Handjobs for Jesus


Luke 10:27 has that famous line, “love your neighbor as yourself”. This makes me uneasy, because how exactly? Oh, I've known about self-love since I was about twelve, hell there's all these cool songs about it, but how am I supposed to do that with my neighbor? Half of them I can't do them like myself, because they don't have the same equipment, and some of them don't want me to.
 
Then in Luke 11:14 Jesus drives out a demon that was mute. Who knew demons suffer from speech impediments just like the rest of us?
 14 Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed.
Whoa, the guy the demon was in couldn't talk either? Maybe the demon was in his larynx. How Jesus drove him out it doesn't say, but if it amazed this crowd we can rule out long term speech therapy, probably something more like the macarena.

His SLP gig rocks, but what's all this got to do with the demon, what happened to him, did he get better too? Jesus gives away the ending in Luke 11:24-26
24 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Don't live in deserts. They're full of demons wandering around looking for homes.
Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ If you were in New Zealand, it would have camped on the beach. See what you get for living in that desert?
25 When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. Dirt keeps demons away. Good to know. That's why, you should never, ever, clean your house.
And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.” Holy shit, now there's eight of them. Also good to know is, never ever let that fucking Jesus cast out any demons you might have. Eight times worse, Fuck!  

No comments: