10/28/10

Killing Jesus (matt,mark)


Jesus has me all confused.

Matt (15) and Mark (7) both have him ragging on the pharasees because they don't make people honor their parents like moses said to, but he din't honor his own parents, so wtf?

My bible is a good sport, it footnotes what he's talking about, which is good because otherwise I'd blow it off and be too lazy to go dig this up---Exodus 21:17

"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.”
... that's pretty clear, we should kill our kids if they curse us ... and Ex 20:12/ Deut 5:16. Those are just "the commandments", y'know the ones that aren't the Ten but everybody says are.

He said not to abolish the old laws (Matt 5:17), so we gotta do this stuff, except for the Pharisees were wrong about washing before we pray, so we don't gotta do that, but we gotta kill our kids and all that other stuff.
But, wait, Jesus didn't honor his parents, he was pretty rude to them (Matt 12:46-50)—is he a hypocrite too like those nasty old Pharasees? Do we gotta kill him? Does it count as a curse that he told people they had to hate their parents?
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother...he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)
Sounds pretty curse-like to me, so ... we gotta kill Jesus, right?

Well they did, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

No comments: