10/29/13

Getting to the bottom of ... things


Sigh. In their ongoing efforts to make me ashamed of my country,  our so-called leaders have held a so-called hearing wherein they compete like a pack of Jr. High Mean Girls, to bully a woman because some website is slow.

While Time Warner Cable had me on hold, I watched Kathleen Sebelius earn my everlasting admiration. She not only took responsibility but endured their degrading pile-on with real class; not once did she scream  FUCK YOU YOU HYPOCRITICAL LYING CORPORATE WHORE like I would've. 


But that's minor.



 At the same time they were putting on their clown show there was a hearing about all the thousands of people  we  they are murdering, and none of them BOTHERED TO SHOW UP.   

I no longer love blue skies. In fact I now prefer gray skies. The drones do not fly when the skies are gray, and for a short period of time the mental tension and fear eases.
--Zubair Rehman, teenager

Raw Story covered the hearing, you can watch the video with the crying translator.  Just lately we met Malala, and now we're meeting the Rehman family. This is long overdue, and I hope Americans will begin to see them as people, just like the victims of Newtown.

Here's the honor roll, the five congresspeople who have souls.
Rep. Alan Grayson, who called the hearing in the first place
Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.)
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.)
Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ)
Rep. Rick Nolan (D-Minn.)

No comments: