4/29/11

"No Taliban ever Touched my Junk"


It was 44 years ago today that world heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali refused to be drafted into the US Army. Some people called him a draft dodger, some called him un-American. He was none of those things. He saw that what his country was doing was wrong, and he stood up for what he knew was right, even though it cost him his title,  millions of dollars and the best years of his career.
Muhammed Ali. Great boxer, Great American, Great Man.


 Famous Ali quotes

I ain't got no quarrel with the Vietcong. No Vietcong ever called me Nigger.

Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?


Do I really need to substitute in Afghanistan and Detroit?

No comments: